Joseph D. Johnson and Company was incorporated on November 15, 1933. Originally called Orlando Insurance Agency, the first office was located on Central Boulevard just steps from Lake Eola in the heart of downtown Orlando. The early years saw the company acting as a general agent for many lines of insurance coverage ranging from property and casualty to life insurance. The agency prided itself on its ability to assist homeowners during the trying times of the Great Depression which laid the foundation for the company’s top priority – putting its clients first.
Upon being named Director of the agency in April of 1946, Joseph D. Johnson Sr. and the rest of the board passed a resolution to change the name to Wise and Johnson Inc. After over twenty years of operation under the name Wise and Johnson Inc., the board once again elected to change the name of the agency in March of 1968, this time to Joseph D. Johnson and Company. Under Joe’s leadership, the agency found its footing and shifted the company’s primary focus to working with Central Florida’s builders.
As the 70’s began and Disney World was set to open, the agency continued to thrive and prided itself in assisting builders throughout Florida shape the future of our state. Joe Sr.’s two sons soon came into the fold upon graduation from college; first Todd in 1970 followed by Dan in 1971. With a concentration on site and heavy highway, the agency added significant clients in the Central Florida area through the next several decades. This growth, along with the company branching into the Commercial and Contract Surety arena, put Johnson and Company in a unique position to help protect builders from across the state over the next thirty years.
Today, Johnson and Company continues to operate as a family owned independent insurance agency with clients throughout the state that perform work from North Carolina to Texas and Miami to North Dakota. After over 80 years of servicing the needs of Central Florida we continue to succeed by partnering with the very best of the state and local business community and are dedicated to helping them protect their reputation and livelihood.
801 N. Orange Ave. Ste.510
Orlando, FL 32801